Monday, July 16, 2012

Wild berries workshop

Summer is here with its intense heat and bounty of berries, fruits and wild foods. This time of the year I gorge myself on wild berries and keep an eye out for my fellow foragers, the bears.
I will hold a workshop about wild berries at Allan Brooks nature centre in Vernon on the 11th of August. You will get to be close and personal with the plants and even taste some of my favourite berries and learn about some of the poisonous ones to stay clear off.
Come prepared to get your tastebuds tickled:)
Where: Allan Brooks
When: Saturday 11th of August -10 am to noon
Price: $7/person
 A yummy selection of huckleberries, saskatoon berries, barberries, soopalallie berries, rowan berries and oregon grape berries
Dainty little trailing raspberry

Exciting plant classes coming up

 Hi everybody, Below is a list of some fun classes (both kids and adult) that are coming up this spring. I hope to see you on some of them:)...